The Gun by Paul Langan | Teen Ink

The Gun by Paul Langan

November 20, 2014
By Lee_Hart BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Lee_Hart BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The Gun /Paul Langan
TOWNSEND PRESS, 2002, 123 pp.
Fiction

A bully intimidated everyone until he met his maker, Darrell Mercer. Tyray’s problem leads him down his dark path in The Gun.

Tyray Hobbs, the school bully, runs Blueford High and holds the power in his own hands until he’s confronted by Darrell Mercer in the cafeteria. With a broken hand, he now seeks his revenge. He wants to be in control, but no one respects him. They think Tyray’s all talk and no walk, but Tyray’s bound to change this at any cost.

The Gun has tons of suspenseful, funny, and sad moments to keep you engaged. “Two boys emerged from the dumpster, and a third came from a small doorway in the side of the building Tyray turned in time to see a wooden stick being swung towards his head CRACK!” This book kept me wanting more and more. The Gun was entertaining all the way through and had me on the edge of my seat.
A lost reputation, a broken hand, and a troubled family, how would you respond? What would you do to fix it? I think this book deserves an 8.5 out of ten because of some of the grammar other than that the books amazing. This book is a simple easy read but will have you on the edge of your seat.