Thirteen Reasons Why, | Teen Ink

Thirteen Reasons Why,

Nyconz421 BRONZE,

Equal in weight, equal in size, equal in everything but my eyes. Love is a dark red world of pain with lightning flashes of happiness.

Thirteen Reasons Why, by Jay Asher, is a phenomenal book. It's about a girl who committed suicide and tells 13 people why she did it through audio tapes. Each of these 13 people had a part in her decision to die and she wanted to make sure they knew. It is a book that is truly heart breaking and emotional. Most of the dialogue takes place between the girl, Hannah, and one of the receivers, Clay. They don't talk face to face but when she says things on the audio tapes he replies by thinking about the situation and answering. Throughout the book, Mr. Asher takes readers on a rollercoaster of emotions and leave everyone with a thought has been long forgotten. Everyone's actions have an impact. Everyone have feelings and thoughts. It is not just you in this complex world. I highly recommend this book and would even go as far as saying that it should be mandatory for kids to read in school. Five out of five stars.