Eclipse | Teen Ink

Eclipse

December 17, 2008
By Sole Nazaire BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Sole Nazaire BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Trouble. Trouble is Bella Swan's middle name. In Twilight and New Moon, Bella Swan, the main character, has caused a lot of trouble. Whether it is attracting thirsty vampires, dealing with a love struck werewolf, or keeping secrets from her dad, Bella Swan has to deal with it all. With a lot of love by her side Bella becomes stronger than ever. Eclipse, the sequel to New Moon, will have you thinking about fairy tales like you never had before.

Bella Swan is a 18, year, old girl from Forks, WA. She is a girl who is figuring out that anything is possible when your best friend is a werewolf and your fiancé is a vampire. When you are a magnet to trouble, strong, non-mythical people are bound to be in your life. Once everything is back to normal in Bella's life another thirsty, “non-vegetarian” vampire comes along to kill Bella. Does Bella have enough security to stay alive? Is everyone in Forks in jeopardy because of Bella? Bella Swan must face many obstacles. A human can only carry so much of a load on their back. With Edward's fairy tale like love for Bella to keep her strong, can she get through it all?


While reading Eclipse , I was totally sucked into Bella's world. I sacrificed hours of sleep to read this amazing book. Stephanie Meyer, the author, captures the essence of another chapter in Bella's life in only 629 pages. She makes mythical creatures seem as real as humans. I felt like I was watching a movie, not reading a book, the description was unbelievable. This book is like “a drug” it's addicting. Eclipse is such a page-turning book, so it should catch the eye of any mature Fantasy reader.


It is also amazing how Stephanie Meyer connects the book with the real world. Believe it or not, when you are reading this book you forget about the real world. You get so drained into Bella‘s world! For instance, Forks, WA is a real place. Stephanie Meyer also talks about some real stores like Targetâ . I like it when you get to relate to a book in any way.When you are reading about dreamy vampires, a text-to-world connection is a perfect reality check.


I would definitely recommend Eclipse to any reader who has a mature mind. Eclipse is actually the third book to the Twilight Saga. It wouldn't make much sense to read Eclipse without reading Twilight and New Moon. You should read those two books first because you will miss out on Bella's life before Eclipse and you will be totally clueless on what is happening. This book deserves ten hours of your sleeping hours to read because it is so good. It deserves for you to have restless nights and dark bags under your eyes! This whole series does. If you like mind blowing books, this book will not disappoint you.


All in all, Eclipse is an amazing book. You would never imagine that you were reading about mythical creatures at all! Get wrapped up in Bella and Edward's love for each other. You will never look at vampires as evil creatures again. Take your sleeping hours and use them to go and read Eclipse, because it is that good. What are you waiting for? Go and read Eclipse and the whole Twilight Saga.