One of The Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies | Teen Ink

One of The Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies

May 25, 2008
By Anonymous

Sones, Sonya(2005) One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies
Simon & Schuster, New York

Like it the books called its “One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies”. Ruby has spent her whole life with her mom. Then her mom dies and she has to go to Hollywood to live with her father who she's only seen in the movies. She has to leave her friend Lizzie and her boyfriend Ray. When she gets there she hates her father and everything he's done to her. She hates everything she see's, except this boy named Wyatt and her dads agent Max who by the way is gay. She then find outs her boyfriend and her friend Lizzie started dating, Ah Oh! But then later she finds out that Ray dump Lizzie for this other chick. Then in the end like every story they become best buds.

Ruby is like any typical 15 year old. She likes going out dates with guys and likes to judge how cute they are. She has a attitude for everything.

I likes this book because it's not really an everyday thing where your mom dies and you have to go live with you superstar dad. This book is written in poem form which I think is really neat. This book I about different things like when your mom dies and relationships and all that other stuff.

The genre of this book death & relationship.

Out of 1-10 I give this book a 7 because it was king of hard to understand in the beginning.