Mocking Jay by Suzan Collins | Teen Ink

Mocking Jay by Suzan Collins

August 21, 2014
By Anonymous

            This story takes place in a ruined, old and destroyed mining town, District 12. It was a home that once belonged to Katniss Everdeen, The Girl on Fire. That is where she grew up. District 12 is known for coal mining, but since a terrible accident that happened long ago they no longer mine. It is the poorest of all the 13 Districts in Panem. After the second rebellion, their main industry is now medicine instead of coal mining.

 

            Katniss Everdeen is a 17-teen year old victor that won the 74 Hunger Games. She has one sister named Primrose Everdeen. Katniss also has a mother that takes care of Prim. Her father died in the terrible coal mining accident. She lived in District 12 all her life until she was 17-teen. The Capitol blew up District 12 while she was in the Hunger Games, because she disobeyed the rules. Katnss is Peeta Mellark?s girlfriend.

 

            Peeta Mellark is a 17-teen year old victor that won the 74 Hunger Games with Katniss. He is a boy. Peeta is an artist and a baker. His parents and siblings died in the bombing of District 12. He has been in love with Katniss since he was 5 years old. Peeta is a baker’s son and baked his whole entire life. He is Katniss Everdeen?s boyfriend.

 

            Gale Hawthorne is a 19-teen year old boy that loves Katniss. He is her best friend. Gale is a Hunter that hunts with Katniss, and a solider. He and Katniss lived in District 12 like Peeta, but lived in the poorest part of the District, The Seam. He has 3 younger siblings and a mother. Gale’s father died in the same mining accident that Katniss?s father died in.

 

            I am disappointed at this book because of the bad things that’s happens. First, District 12 blows up, and thousands of people died. Next, The Capitol, the same people that blew up District 12 goes and blows up a Hospital full of injured and innocent people in District 8. Then, Peeta gets injected with tracker-jacker venom and told that Katniss is evil. The Capitol is torturing him. So many innocent people and children died. The one person that Katniss tried so hard to save dies. That is why that book disappoints me.

 

            I suggest that my classmates should read this book. Even though it might take you like 5 years to read, it’s still a great book. This book teaches us that war is bad.