I am number four by Pittacus Lore | Teen Ink

I am number four by Pittacus Lore

By Kaori Nishioka BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
Kaori Nishioka BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii

16 year old John Smith just arrived in Paradise, Ohio, to hide from the sinister Mogadorians. Paradise is just another place for John and his “father” Henri to hide. The Mogadorians were said to have wiped out Lorien so they could make it their home because they could no longer live on their planet. Now instead of Lorien they decided to make Earth their new home. Nine of them came here from Lorien, with powers we can only fantasize of having. They are the superheroes we worship in movies. The only difference is they are real, they look like us, live like us, and talk like us. The malicious Mogadorians are hunting all nine down in numerical order; number one was killed in Malaysia, number two in England, and number three in Kenya. Will his Loric Legacies develop in time for him to defend himself against the enemy? Will he be able to move things with his mind? Or talk to animals? He is number four he is next.

I am Number Four is a thrilling Young Adult Science Fiction written by Pittacus Lore also known as James Fray. This book taught me that love, hope, and friendship could defeat all evil. No matter how impossible it seems. From page 1- 440 you will never want to put the book down. This is not like any other book, it made me want to jump up and scream. Bury my head in my pillow and cry, and dream of a love as deep and true as Sarah and John’s, all at the same time. “ Don’t give up on hope just yet. It’s the last thing to go. When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.” Says Henri to John as he fights to save, himself, his friends, and the planet.