The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

August 15, 2014
By JadenD. BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
JadenD. BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"thats the thing about pain, it demands to be felt."


The Fault in Our Stars

By: John Green
Fiction


The settings are: Cancer Kid Support Group, the State of Indiana and Amsterdam. Main characters are: Hazel Grace Lancaster, Augustus Waters, Hazel’s mother and Peter Van Houten.
Hazel Grace Lancaster, a 16 year old teenager – with terminal cancer – attends a Cancer Kids Support Group where she meets Augustus Waters a former cancer patient. They become very good friends and fall in love. Augustus and Hazel meet Peter Van Houten, Hazel’s favorite author in Amsterdam. Returning home Augustus informs Hazel that his cancer has returned. Hazel and Augustus begin to help each other cope with cancer.
#1 bestselling author John Green was born August 24, 1977 in Indianapolis, India. He was raised in Orlando, Florida and went to Kenyon College and is currently on the “New York Times Bestseller list.” “That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.” I think the theme of this story is, Time is precious spend it with the ones you love, you don’t know what tomorrow will hold.
Out of all the books I’ve read I’ve never felt so attached to, this book had me on the edge of my seat. One review that was mentioned: “This is a book that breaks your heart-not by wearing it down but by making it bigger and bigger until it bursts” –The Atlantic, this review explains exactly how I felt. The love story between all the chaos that was happening was just so beautiful and fluent, despite having all these challenges.
I think everyone should read this book its overall one of the best fiction books ever written in my opinion. I guarantee you when it comes to the end you’ll think about it over and over until you have a headache or want to cry, and possibly want to read it again. It’s just one of those books that fill your heart up and makes you want to read more, very addicting. I would highly recommend this book.