The Fault In Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

August 15, 2014
By Rusty Bowman BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii
Rusty Bowman BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

John Green one of the Vlogbrothers released this outstanding book. In this comedic love story set in Indianapolis, Indiana a young adult named Hazel Grace Lancaster, diagnosed with stage 4 thyroid cancer with metastasis which has affected her lung area. She lives about her day in her home thinking of herself as a side affect of dying not cancer. Hazel usually spends her few days like any lazy teenage girl but with all the cancer warnings and stuff. She doesn’t go to school because of the toll it could put on her lungs, she watches lots of reality television especially ANTM(America’s Next Top Model), she also re-reads her utmost favorite book: An Imperial Affliction, and going to boring support group. Though the real book starts when Hazel meets Augustus during her support group. Augustus as stated in the book is apparently fairly attractive. They start to talk over the phone, swooning over AIA, and enjoying each others opinions, metaphorical reasonings, and interests. Though when Augustus comes in contact via e-mail with Hazel’s favorite author, Peter Van Houten they get invited to Sweden by Mr. Van Houten himself. Such an exciting experience right? But what really happens is that it turns out Peter only spills out what happens to the hamster and what Gus describes him as to be a complete “douche”. After Hazel and Gus’s little date Hazel finds out his cancer osteosarcoma just got revamped. Read the book to find out the ending! The book is so heartfelt, sad, and has little bursts of humor in between. I loved the book from beginning to end without a doubt!


The author's comments:
School stuff