Every Day by David Levithan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A wakes up in a new body every morning, destined to live out one day in the life of the person to whom the body belongs. “It has always been this way,” he says.

But things begin to change when A falls in love with a girl named Rhiannon. Every single day he remains in love with the same girl, whether he wakes up four or 400 miles away. A has never let himself linger with one life, but now he is desperate to hang on to the love he has never been allowed. And his life, one stitched together by thousands, begins to change. 

With its precise prose and unemotional, stirring voice, Every Day is a welcome and pleasing change from too much action on the literary field. A is a hero you root for and feel for in the very end.

Not only are this book’s characters wonderfully formed and developed, but Every Day also expands every creative boundary of realistic fiction known to readers.

As A drops into different lives, Levithan gives a startlingly realistic account of diverse environments, and describes many trials and tribulations you rarely experience in books. There is so much dimension, story, and dazzling insight from the many different worlds and the people who inhabit them.

This book blew me into the clouds. Already a deserving nominee of the Abraham Lincoln 2014 Illinois High School Book Award, Every Day is a valuable jewel in its wisdom, beauty, and sheer magnificence. You will laugh and cry. You will feel your heart break more times than possible, and adore it all the while.