Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen was an amazing book. I could not put it down. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it. It was one of the best books I have ever read, and I’m not kidding. Sarah Dessen, thank you for writing this book
Lock and Key was about a girl named Ruby she is almost 18. In the beginning she is abandoned by her mother and lives by herself for about 2 months. The landlords went over to fix something and then figured out that Ruby’s mother had left her. Ruby then went to live with her older sister, Cora, and her brother-in-law, Jamie. Ruby tries to run away one night and gets caught and meets her neighbor that is her age, named Nate. Ruby then find out many things about herself, her sister, her mother, and the meaning of family. Throughout the book Nate and Ruby fall in love.
The thing that made me love this book is that when I was done reading I had a new perspective on life; it changed me. The meaning of family is right on when Ruby finally figures it out. I liked the point of view and how in the beginning Jamie is showing her the house and how you have no idea what’s going on, I love how I want to read really fast to figure it out. I love how in the beginning Ruby goes back and forth between her old and new life. I love how she acts like she is going to refuse her new life and this is going to make it worse, but it ends up better and that she ends up helping someone else. I would recommend this book to everyone who needs a new perspective on life or anyone who want to read a great book.

Kaileigh918 BRONZE, Orange Park, Florida

"There's no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"
-me

Grammer isn't very good, and the sentences are to short. Don't take it personaly, just constructive critisism. :)

i love this book and this review is really good!! Lauren u should keep writing and submit more work to teenink!!