The Lightning Thief | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief

December 14, 2008
By Joe Bahr BRONZE, Prairie Village, Kansas
Joe Bahr BRONZE, Prairie Village, Kansas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine living in a world that does not accept you. You have mysterious things happening to you and you have absolutely no idea why. Then in one day, all of your questions are answered. And let's just say that the answer is you are a son of the Greek God Poseidon. Not only are you the son of Poseidon, but also you are at a summer camp full of other children with Greek Gods as parents. In the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, all of this happens to Percy Jackson, a teenage boy living in New York. As he deals with his new knowledge about himself, he begins to deal with problems involving the great and mighty Zeus. Zeus is accusing Percy of stealing his prized master lightning bolt, and Percy cannot come up with a way to prove he is innocent. On an attempt to find the real thief, Percy goes on a quest with his new friends, Grover and Annabelle. On the quest, they learn a lot about each other as they face challenge after challenge. Including having to face powerful Greek Gods by themselves. With a countless number of twists, and loads of excitement, this is a book that you won't want to put down. Not only is it a great book, but it also teaches you oodles of information about Greek Mythology. Read this book, and you will instantly join the fan club that is in love with Rick Riordan's novels. This is a book that I strongly recommend everyone should read, for it is a book well crafted with a plot so exciting, only those who have read it can describe. Read it and I guarantee you will love it. (Note: The Lightning Thief is part of a series that currently has four books out, and is still being worked on.)