The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

By Anneli BRONZE, Lehi, Utah
Anneli BRONZE, Lehi, Utah

This book is one of the most well written, amazing books I have ever read. It evokes so much emotion. I cried, I laughed, and I fell in love with the characters. This book did not have your typical romance. Both characters have cancer, so this isn't a love story that will last a lifetime. Which is yet another reason I love it. It's not cheesy, it's rather quite clever. The character, Hazel Grace, is so fun and easy to love. John Green perfectly develops the characters, making you genuinely concerned for them, hence the tears. The ending is nothing I would have ever expected. Another sign of excellent writing. I expected yet another death, and more tears of despair to flow, but I was pleasantly surprised. We all know Hazel will die, she has cancer for goodness sake! So John Green decides to leave that part out of the book, and give Hazel a piece of Augustus that she so badly needed. The book ends with a beautifully written letter from Augustus to Hazel about how much he loved her. Yes, I still cried, but only because I want someone to love me as much as Augustus loved Hazel. Green gave Hazel that small fragment of Augustus so she would have a peace of mind, giving the reader a peace of mind as well. An absolutely brilliant, hilarious, and heartbreaking piece of art. Five stars, and then some!