A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Set in Beaufort, North Carolina, in the 1950s, A Walk to Remember tells the story of 17-year-old Landon Carter, who learns to live life differently after meeting Jamie Sullivan. Initially, Landon is the kind of guy who cares too much about what people think of him. But when Jamie comes into the picture, he only cares about being with her.

Things are looking up for Landon, until Jamie drops a bomb that changes their lives forever.

In A Walk to Remember, the characters take time to get to know each other and end up falling in love. Like other novelists of realistic fiction, Nicholas Sparks emotionally engages the reader. A Walk to Remember ­reminded me of all of Lurlene McDaniel’s novels, because both authors use themes of love and death.

A Walk to Remember is a book that you will not want to put down until you’ve reached the last page, because Sparks draws the reader in with emotions, descriptions, love, and death. For those who enjoy novels that touch your heart and make you think about real life, A Walk to Remember is perfect for you.

inkblot13 said...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 6:26 pm:
I love this book!!!!! :D It's so sad, and N. Sparks really draws the reader in

Sandy said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 7:54 am:
I'm looking forward to reading A Walk to Remember. Its a prize on Freado, a free book winning site and I'm bidding for it. Fingers crossed, I hope I win. :)

hanbanann4501 said...
May 24, 2011 at 7:41 am:
This book was amazing, it touches your heart with such strength that its almost impossible to forget the thought of losing somebody that you love with all of your heart and would so dearly miss. Just to know that one could love another so much makes you understand what it is that people so long for. this review was very good, i love that it talks about the most important parts of the book.

squiggles said...
May 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm:
I love the book!! Its the best ever! I didnt really like the movie cuz it didnt follow the book much. dont get me wrong i still loved it but the book was much much better. Thnks Nicholas Sparks for a wonderful book.!!!!!!!!!!!

mynameisPcThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:34 pm :
i totally agree, i liked the movie but i loved the book:)

GilyG said...
This is a wonderful review! I like how it explains what it's about without giving too much away. I recently read this book and I loved it! It was a very emotional book!

Grace said...
I've read the book and watched the movie. Personally the book is not as sad as the movie. The ending of the film version was so heartbreaking. The book gave readers a little hope.

PowerIsInTheFuture said...
I love this book Ive read it five times already and thats saying a lot for someone who cant stick to reading a book let alone finish reading one.

Katie S. said...
*Favourited* I love this review!!!

lexies808 said...
i love this book it is the best book ever i made my boyfriend set down with me and we both read it togatherr

jennifur said...
I actually have this movie and it's pretty amazing. Your review is truly amazing and captures the elegance of the movie itself.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 6:33 am:
I've been debating whether to read the book for a while now. The title always got me, but the back of the book always bored me, and although people have told me it's a good book, I never really... bothered with it. However, because you did mention Lurlene McDaniel... :) I love her books - I'm glad I've found someone else who does too. Most people I know have no idea who she is. Very well-written review, overall :)

splinterstar said...
The movie was SOOOOO good. It's my all time favorite!

shayna101 said...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 12:45 am:
I am probably the number one biggest Nicholas Sparks fan and I have read all his books. This is by far one of my all time favorites (following shortly behind the last song, dear john and the notebook) Brilliant story with an amazing setting ( I loove North Carolina. I became obsessed because all his books take place there so I did research. haha I am so obbsessed with NS its not even funny :) ) I love the characters and easy read. I couldn't put this book down and I cried for hours when it was o... (more »)

writergirl13 said...
Aug. 16, 2010 at 11:37 am:

I haven't read this book, but I think I'll have to. I am, as you said, the kind of person who "enjoys novels that touch your heart and make you think about real life" so I'll definitely have to pick that one up!

P.S.: No offense to the author or anybody!!! But does anyone else think it's somewhat ironic that a man is writing all these great, popular love stories? He must be really sensitive (in the good way!!) :)

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:42 am:
i read the book, and it was nice... tragiclly sad.  but i have to say that the last song (also by nicholas sparks) was better.

Lanier42 said...
May 20, 2010 at 4:21 pm:
i love this book but it is soooo sad. it almost made me cry :'(

fangs1221 said...
May 20, 2010 at 10:00 am:
i have seen the movie and read the bok like a million times i want to buy the movie but cant find it any where

bokworm said...
May 5, 2010 at 11:59 am:
i love the movie and anm looking for the book good reveiw

Jose4Jesus said...
AHHHHH!!! I LOVEd the movie!!!!