A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks MAG

Set in Beaufort, North Carolina, in the 1950s, A Walk to Remember tells the story of 17-year-old Landon Carter, who learns to live life differently after meeting Jamie Sullivan. Initially, Landon is the kind of guy who cares too much about what people think of him. But when Jamie comes into the picture, he only cares about being with her.

Things are looking up for Landon, until Jamie drops a bomb that changes their lives forever.

In A Walk to Remember, the characters take time to get to know each other and end up falling in love. Like other novelists of realistic fiction, Nicholas Sparks emotionally engages the reader. A Walk to Remember ­reminded me of all of Lurlene McDaniel’s novels, because both authors use themes of love and death.

A Walk to Remember is a book that you will not want to put down until you’ve reached the last page, because Sparks draws the reader in with emotions, descriptions, love, and death. For those who enjoy novels that touch your heart and make you think about real life, A Walk to Remember is perfect for you.

bokworm SILVER said...
on May. 5 2010 at 11:59 am
bokworm SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

life is gets easier by what you do not by what you don't

i love the movie and anm looking for the book good reveiw

Jenna4Jesus BRONZE, New Brunswick, North Carolina
AHHHHH!!! I LOVEd the movie!!!!

distant_dreamer GOLD, Belmont, New Hampshire

"Life's a climb, but the view is great!"

I know that would be sooooo Amazing!!! I LOVE her voice in the movie too!!!! Very good!!! :)

hotspot2 SILVER, La Habra, California

" Our greatest glory is in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall" -Selena Gomez

me too she's my character hero. If she were real i would defenetly want to meet her.:)

hotspot2 SILVER, La Habra, California

i looooooove the movie and the books so much!:) it's soo beautiful and inspiring!

on Feb. 1 2010 at 11:32 am
MizzImaginative SILVER, London, Other

Be you... don't pretend to be someone else.

I love the book and movie so much it always makes me cry i love the fact that they love each other so much and he marries her to make her happy even though he knows shes gonna die :( x

ckinert BRONZE said...
ckinert BRONZE, Marysville, Michigan

"life is easy, we just make it hard."

ilove this movie so i can't imagine how much i would like the book

on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:12 am
beautifultears BRONZE, Worcester, Massachusetts

live. laugh. love.

you have gave the book justice. A walk to remember was one of Nicholas Sparks best written well read teenage books. have to you read The last song by Nicholas Sparks yet. well if you liked A walk to remember alot then you are sure to like The Last song. I hope that you have found that this book was a heart wrenching love story that keeps you wanting more and more. i loved this book and i hope you injoyed it as i did. Nicholas Sparks is a great writer, and tells the story as though this really happened to him.

Yea, same with me, maybe it's because I watched the movie first, and then read the book. Well they're both great!!! :) I love the character Jamie in the movie and book!!!

I just finished reading this book it was sooooooo good!!!!!!!! :) What was your favorite part in the book???

beanzalib said...
The movie and book are both wonderful, but completly difrent entities. Read the book, it's amazing, but don't expect it to align with the movie.

FlamableFyre DIAMOND, Spartanburg, South Carolina

I don't have ambitions or desires.
Being a poet isn't my ambition,
it's my way of being alone.
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

omg, i love that movie!!!!!!!! but ivenever read the book, thanks for giving me the idea!!

Hi! I love this entry, and I'm so glad that it got put in teenink mag! I LOVE the movie, but I haven't read the book. Do you think the movie is better, or the book?????

HOPEMVP said...
I love this book its sooo nice to hear a fellow reader likes it too. Can you comment on some of my photos? (ignore the titles of some of them. i goofed)

on Jul. 23 2009 at 3:12 am
Megatron SILVER, Creswell, Oregon
I have both seen the book and read the movie:

for some reason, I like the movie a lot better. Usually I like the book better, but not in this case. The book was still good, though. Worth reading.

on Jul. 22 2009 at 6:55 am
catherinemarina, Converse, Texas
I love this review. It's oober de helpful. I saw the movie but that was like back when I was little and I didn't even know there was a book. I'm gonna pick it up now but only b/c this article made me want to. (:

Stitch BRONZE said...
Stitch BRONZE, Waterbury, Connecticut
The book was way different from the movie and had more detail so if you only saw the movie I suggest you read the book because it will fill in some important missing pieces of the puzzle.

Lizzy12 GOLD said...
Lizzy12 GOLD, Palmyra, New York

<No one can make you feel inferior without your consent> Elenor Roosevelt

The movie is amazing. The ending is pretty much obvious however the themes are amazing and the plot if terrific.

hopper said...
I thought it was good and funny

Nuna said...
ya i did read this novel twice actually and i watched the movie. A Walk to Remember is that kind of stories which make you cry while reading. It is touching, and so real. and ya i find your article very useful and i will use it as a reference to my research paper about : Themes in A Walk to Remember. i will concentrate on the theme of how we all have the capacitiy to change each other. Thanx