A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks MAG

Set in Beaufort, North Carolina, in the 1950s, A Walk to Remember tells the story of 17-year-old Landon Carter, who learns to live life differently after meeting Jamie Sullivan. Initially, Landon is the kind of guy who cares too much about what people think of him. But when Jamie comes into the picture, he only cares about being with her.

Things are looking up for Landon, until Jamie drops a bomb that changes their lives forever.

In A Walk to Remember, the characters take time to get to know each other and end up falling in love. Like other novelists of realistic fiction, Nicholas Sparks emotionally engages the reader. A Walk to Remember ­reminded me of all of Lurlene McDaniel’s novels, because both authors use themes of love and death.

A Walk to Remember is a book that you will not want to put down until you’ve reached the last page, because Sparks draws the reader in with emotions, descriptions, love, and death. For those who enjoy novels that touch your heart and make you think about real life, A Walk to Remember is perfect for you.

jj961 said...
on Apr. 28 2009 at 12:30 am
jj961, San Antonio, Texas
It's funny... I just read the book! I like the book a lot, however, I happened to like the movie a little bit more. I think it's because I've seen the movie so many times and think it's absolutely amazing. I think I would have enjoyed the book a little more if I hadn't seen the movie so many times in the past. But overall it is a very good book and I would recommend it to anybody who loves a little romance! Another good book by Nicholas Sparks is Dear John. I just finished reading it and it is fantastic!!

jesusfreak21 BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma
i read your article and i now want to go read the book! thanks for the inspiration!