Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins | Teen Ink

Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins

February 18, 2014
By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
293 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many books, so little time"


Sophie Mercer is back with a whole new adventure ahead. With a rather sad ending in the first Hex Halls, Sophie discovered that she was not a dark which; but a demon. And watching her demon great-grandmother kill her frenemy Elodie. Let’s say Sophie was not so thrilled to be like her. With that she leaves us off saying that she’s going to London and removing her powers by the Removal. The Removal is a process that can get rid of her powers for good – or kill her.

Yet in Demonglass there is one person standing in her way; her father. Not only is he the head of the Council, but also her father. With that he gives her a double no for the Removal. Yet Sophie did not give up that easily. With much arguing Sophie and her father made a deal. She’ll spend summer in London with him (along with Jenna and Cal) and learn about being a demon. Then at the end of the summer she’ll get to decide if she still wanted to go through the Removal.

Sounds like a simple plan? Yet it is not. For there one thing Sophie forgot to mention about a certain boy in London. Yes ladies and gents it just so happened that Archer Cross is set up in London, just the place Sophie is going. Think that’s the only love in Sophie’s life? Guess again! In the end of chapter two she finds out who she is betrothed too. Love and hate is in the air for Sophie in this book.

Rachel Hawkins once again is able to bring magical creatures to life in this second Hex Hall’s book. With her writing the same Sophie is the one telling the story. The characters have grown out of the high school roles and into more adult ones. Even though it’s not as good as Hex Halls, it is the perfect sequel book.