Strange but True stories of world war two | Teen Ink

Strange but True stories of world war two

November 1, 2008
By Anonymous

Did you know that the U.S. was bombed by Japan three hundred and twenty nine times!? I didn’t, but that’s one of the many things I learned about in the book. The book is a collaboration of short stories from World War Two that have rarely been told. The stories range everywhere from the mafia’s connection with naval intelligence to Germany’s attempts to wipe out London with long range missiles. Throughout the book the author makes the reader think and feel as though they are living during that time period or in that battle, with clear sensory details. I think this book is good for any reader that likes a bit of history mixed with a bit of a mystery. This book is also a good read if you want to learn about the war and courageous acts that stood out in battle. In this book you will see the war from many different aspects including: Japanese- Americans, Navaho code talkers, War authorities from both sides, and even normal Americans being bombed in the U.S. Each chapter is about ten pages long with maps showing the area at the time or showing invasion plans. One of the reasons I liked this book so much is because it makes you think a lot about what you have now that you would not have had back then and what every day life was like for an average American trying to help their fellow countrymen in battle any way they could. This book is one of the most interesting books I have ever read. I would read it again any time and I recommend it to anyone who wants a quick read and a book that they will not be able to put down.