Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

January 16, 2014
By tmclark PLATINUM, Hedgesville, West Virginia
tmclark PLATINUM, Hedgesville, West Virginia
37 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My Book Review
Book title and author: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Number of stars (1 to 5): 4

Introduction
In Suzanne Collins second entry of the Hunger Games, Catching Fire, the story continues a couple months after Peeta Melark and Katniss Everdeen return for the 74th annual Hunger Games. However because of their little act in the arena with the Lock night Berries the Capitol believes this is the rise of a rebellion throughout the Districts.
Description and summary of content
After they return from the games Katniss and Peeta must maintain their fake love affair to the Capitol. However when the cameras are off Peeta and Katniss are more distant than ever. Although Gale and Katniss are slightly distant, nothing is how it used to be before the games occurred. Unfortunately the Capitol is not convinced of the star-crossed lovers from District 12. This leads to a tension between the Capitol and Katniss. Then when all is calm during the Victors Tour, a shocking announcement comes out. For the 75th Hunger Games a Quarter Quell will be held. This means all previous victors go back in the Reaping to go back to the Hunger Games.
Evaluation
As the reader this book kept me on the edge of my seat every second I read. Whether if it was if a character was going to die or if the Capitol was stirring up something treacherous. I would seriously recommend this book if you are looking for an action packed love story with many twists and plot changes.
Conclusion
This book was one of the best books I’ve ever read. Along with the first and third book. Suzanne Collins was also rewarded Bestselling Author.