Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

Twilight is a love and suspense novel about a girl named Bella who has moved to forks with her dad. Bella who is, “ivory skinned, slender but soft, no hand and eye coordination” (Meyers 10) and is prone to danger is encompassed with a boy named Edward who saves her life. He's a pale god-`like figure who keeps to himself and his family. As Bella tries to find out how he saved her, she stumbles on the knowledge of what he truly is, a vampire. This occurs when she goes to the beach with Jacob and tricks him into telling her about Edward and his family.
Later, as she spends more time with this magnificent, old but young looking, man she becomes astonished at what he is capable of. He's faster stronger and smarter than most who look his age and he doesn't feed on people; when he feeds, it's on animals in the mountains. Eventually, he takes her out with his family to watch a fun filled baseball game.
As they play ball, three figures step forward. But only one had posed a serious threat. So to add to the threat to her of being food to Edward's barely controllable hunger, she now has to deal with a mysterious wondering hunter named James who is in it for the challenge that Edward poses.

I recommend this book to most guys who want to better understand the female physique and to all girls who appreciate a romantic novel. It's great with detail; for example,”I had been staring at him all afternoon. His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday's hunting trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface” (Meyer 260). Also, the descriptions for feelings are quite intriguing for example, “Yes, you're exactly my brand of heroin” (Meyer 268). Read this book because it's a page turner.

Cierra H. said...
on Oct. 14 2008 at 11:31 pm
Wow, it's nice to see that a guy likes this series too! That's awesome. I'm a Twilight fan myself. Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob? LOL, JK. I liked how you used the text to influence potential readers. I did a bit of that myself in my Breaking Dawn review. Keep reviewing!