Every Day by David Levithan | Teen Ink

Every Day by David Levithan

By alpacalypse SILVER, Austin, Texas
alpacalypse SILVER, Austin, Texas

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Unknown

A wakes up in a new body every day. For one day, he is another person. He doesn’t know how it works, or why this happens, but it does. It has been like this his entire life. Then one day, he finds himself in the body of Justin, and when A meets his girlfriend, Rhiannon, he finds himself in love- but can it ever happen?

The catchline intrigued me when I saw this book, which is what caused me to pick it up. What would it be like to live as a different person every day? It might be interesting for a while, but if you really think about it, it would be very difficult. You would never experience what it would be like to have lasting relationships with people, and you wouldn’t have anything that was really yours. This is why I sort of admire A, because he had lived this way his entire life, and he struggled through it all.

The descriptions were very elaborate, and the view of the book really made you think. It made me wonder about what other peoples lives are like, what they are hiding deep inside themselves? This made it a slow read, despite being a fairly small book, because I wanted to stop and think about everything for a while every now and again.

I was very disappointed with the ending, I wanted to know more about A's life, and what happened after. It didn’t really seem like an ending because there were a few loose ends that didn’t get resolved in my mind.