Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

September 23, 2008
By Anonymous

Many people have called this book disappointing. I am shocked by this. How can a book as wonderful as Breaking Dawn be called a disappointment? How can the fascinating plot twists and undying love be boring? How can Stephenie Meyer be criticized for this thrilling novel? How can… but wait I'm putting too many questions in without answers. I don't understand why this book is such a disappointment to other readers out there, but I do know why I loved it. So, let me counter other's disapproval and tell you the real gist of this novel.
Some people have said that Stephenie Meyer introduced too many new covens, too many new characters in such few pages and it was confusing. However, in the back you will find a guide to all the covens and the vampires in them. She even included this bit in her novel: (I changed it a bit so not to give parts away)

“Jacob got more surly with each new addition. He kept his distance when he could and when he couldn't he grumbled that someone was going to have to provide an index if anyone expected him to keep all the new bloodsuckers' names straight.” Breaking Dawn Page 611

So you see, Ms. Meyer was very intelligent in putting that in. Right there she's directly addressing the people that would be confused or even upset about the number of new vampires being introduced, and she's providing an index to keep them straight.


Now here is the story of the real Breaking Dawn. To start I'll use what Stephenie Meyer said before the release of Eclipse:

“If Twilight is about finding true love and New Moon is about losing true love then Eclipse is about choosing true love.”

With that said I believe that Breaking Dawn is about holding on to true love.


Holding on to true love no matter what happens. Not giving up on anybody's life, even if that life may take away yours. Standing side by side with all whom you love and fighting for what you believe in. It's about fighting for love and truth when everything, including your life, is at stake. This book will live up to your expectations. There were massive lines to get it for a reason. It brought the Twilight Saga to #1 on the New York Times bestseller list for a reason. It has 284 holds on just the listening library CD for a reason, and 616 holds on the book itself in just my local library for a reason. You cannot be disappointed and if you are I pity you and wonder if you are ever satisfied with a book. READ BREAKING DAWN!!! You'll be up reading until your own dawn comes and goes.


The author's comments:
This is for the people who were discouraged for reading Breaking Dawn because of all the disappointed readers. READ IT, THEY'RE WRONG!