Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi | Teen Ink

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

February 8, 2013
By LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York
LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York
53 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack."


Caught in the middle of a war between good and evil, Juliette is forced to make a decision: stand with those who have tortured her for years in order to access her powers, or join the strangers just like her that she has never heard of. After being kept captive and used for ten years by a sick, ruthless, handsome, powerful nineteen-year-old named Warner, Juliette manages to escape with Adam and Kenji to Point Omega, a safe-haven and training ground for people like them; people with special abilities. Juliette didn't ask to be like this. She didn't ask to have the lethal power to kill with a simple touch. She also didn't ask to fall for both Adam and Warner at the same time. They are the only people that have ever been able to touch her without getting hurt. It isn't until recent discoveries are made that show that this is definitely not the case.
The inevitable war is approaching, and Juliette must fight. She must learn to harness her abilities and use them to protect the innocent from The Reestablishment (Warner's army). Together, she, Adam and Kenji will battle Warner and his father to end this fight once and for all. In the end, Juliette must choose between good and evil, Adam and Warner, and Omega Point and The Reestablishment. Will she make the right choice? Will she save her friends? Will she bring justice to those who deserve it? After all, all's fair in love and war…

The author's comments:
Unravel Me is the second book in the trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. The first is called Shatter Me, and the third (available as an ebook only) is titled Destroy Me. I recommend reading the first book before reading Unravel Me, seeing as there are a few things you probably wouldn't understand without reading Shatter Me...all in all, though, this was an amazing book. I couldn't put it down. It's 461 pages, and I devoured them all in three days. Absolutely amazing!!