So B. It by Sarah Weeks | Teen Ink

So B. It by Sarah Weeks

January 8, 2013
By Jayda Myles BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Jayda Myles BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The book So B. It is about a young girl. She would do whatever she can to find out more about her mom’s life. Come along on this journey about this wonderful book on what Heide has done to achieve her dreams.











The book So B. It is about a little girl named Heide who is narrating the story, her brain dead mom who she calls Mama, and a neighbor who helps take care of the two. The neighbor has a condition which makes her afraid of the outdoors. Heide is home schooled by the neighbor and doesn’t really have a normal life. Mama says one word that Heide can’t take her mind off of, ‘Soof.’
I really enjoyed reading So B. It. It is a very heartwarming book. It makes you realize how much you really have compared to what Heide has to live with. Some strength in the book is that it is forever interesting. Once you pick it up you won’t want to put in down. It’s not a tear jerker, but it certainly is touching. I would recommend this book to everyone that loves Realistic Fiction.
Although Heide isn’t a normal kid, Mama’s brain is like a ‘broken watch,’ and the neighbor Bernadette is faced with a condition that doesn’t allow her to go outside, they still know how to work together and teach Mama.
So B. It left an impression on me like no other. I don’t know how Heide did some of the stuff or how she worked with mama and her issues. The difficulties could probably get really annoying. Mama could never pronounce her real name Sophia so she called her So B. It. The story really does explain the title of the book. No watch with broken gears can work the way it should. So, So B. It.