Journey To Nowhere | Teen Ink

Journey To Nowhere

By hannah99 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
hannah99 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia

A family has to move from theirfarm to New York because Papa thinks it will be better farming. Mem doesn’t want to move. She tries all she can to make Papa stay. Shetries to get her Mom to convince her dad to stay. No one will listen to her. Her grandma gives her a locket with two locks of hair in it. Then cuts a piece of Mem’s hair and puts it in there. Mem treasures it. It made her feel better about moving. Mem and her family pack to move, but they won’t take her horse. They are selling it. That made Mem feel even worse. She begged her Papa to let her come but they sold it and bought a whole herd of bison.

This is an overall good book. I almost lost interest but I kept reading and it got better and better. Mem is a great character in the story. She kept it interesting and fun. She went through some amazing journeys. She fell off the wagon and found herself sleeping in a tree. While she was ‘sleeping’ a panther comes along and eats a deer. Mem is scared and crying and the panther hears her and looks around the tree. Mem screams and the panther sees her. After a moment the panther walks away leaving his meal.
In the morning Mem gets out of the tree and walks to the road and finds a restaurant and goes in and talks to a woman that tries to help her. Mem is still scared and doesn’t know what to do.

Mem is scared and wonders around. She has nowhere to go. She doesn’t know what to do. She thinks no one knows she’s gone and no one cared if she is. Mem is confused and hungry from not eating for two days. She hasn’t had anything to drink either. She is lost without her mom and papa.

This was a good book. I really like adventure stories but this would have to be my favorite one. Mem is a strong girl, she is willing and determined to get back to her mom and papa. She has nowhere to go and can’t find her way out of the woods. She gets chased by a man threw the woods but she is too fast for him to catch her. She found a tree that had a big hole in it and it was perfect for her so she stayed there for the night.

This book was one of my favorites. Mem is a strong little girl for being able to live in the woods by herself for a few nights. She didn’t eat or drink anything and she was cold. She went through some scary things and made it through because she didn’t give up. She found her parents and went on to New York and started their farm. They were so happy to see Mem. Mem still has her locket her grandma gave her and keeps it close to her heart.