Review On The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time | Teen Ink

Review On The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

By Caitlin Crum BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Caitlin Crum BRONZE, Sacramento, California

The Legend of Zelda by Akira Himekawa

I wasn't into any comic, manga, or superhero thing until I read the book The Legend of Zelda by Akira Himekawa. The Legend of Zelda is a manga comic book about a magical elf, named Link who has a special pixie.
Link grows up during the series and is forced to be a warrior to save the princess Zelda, of the land Hyrule. At first I didn't have any idea why I chose this book, but as soon as I finished the first chapter I was hooked and I couldn't stop reading.
Link is the character in the book who is the superhero, he starts as a weak child then progresses to be a strong adult. I like it when authors do this, because it immediately draws me in and I get to see a timeline between the beginning of the book and the end of the book and see the huge changes between the character.
The other main character is Princess Zelda. She is going to be the queen someday and will rule Hyrule. At the beginning of the book she starts us off as a kid the same age as Link, and immediately becomes best friends with Link when they first see each other. Then later in the book, seven years later the land turns into evil and the princess Zelda is captured by the villain.
During the series the author and the artist really work well together trying to show the most emotion of the characters. I really like the cooperation and agreement between the characters, because you can get more information than reading words. The only thing I don't like is how Princess Zelda and Warrior Link only meet up in the middle of the book for about two pages and then princes so that is captured again. I feel like there isn't enough between these two characters, until the very end of the book.
This book series really goes for a specific type of audience. The only way that I say hut onto this book is if you like action your patient for let's get to happen and you like trying to find out the meaning behind pieces of art.
This book and I have this love and hate relationship. At one point in the book I loved it because it was spontaneous and had a hook, but at same time I am wanting more battle scenes and more dialogue between the characters. Overall this is a good book and I would recommend it to someone of the same age.