To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Few novels can charm readers as easily as Harper Lee's one and only classic, To Kill a Mockingbird. In addition, even fewer American debut novels exist that have revolutionized and influenced our country more. Moreover, fewer first novels exist that have won so many coveted prizes. To Kill a Mockingbird was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1961, and then, in 2007, President George W. Bush awarded Lee the Presidential Medal of Freedom for being “a gift to the entire world.”

Because it is a playful book with a serious theme, To Kill a Mockingbird has achieved high praise and favor among readers of all ages. Its premise focuses on the children of a widower – who is also a lawyer – and their friend, as they become aware of social injustices and racism. Scout, Jem and Dill unknowingly open the eyes of a small Alabama neighborhood to the injustices against the black community.

Lee's prose is impeccable. Her descriptions and dialogue, with their Southern flare, are simple yet precise. Her characters – especially Scout Finch – are endearing and lovable from start to finish. Lee uses wit to deal with the themes of racism, rape, courage, coming of age, friendship, family, loss of innocence, and love. She touches the heart of every reader with To Kill a Mockingbird.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:33 pm:
I love the way you ortary ideas in this article. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:59 pm :
Thank you. So kind of you to say that.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:23 pm:
We had to read this book for class, and I loved it! I think this review was very well-written! Strong conclusion :)

Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:54 pm :
Thank you!