Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl | Teen Ink

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

December 13, 2012
By indiegreeneyes SILVER, Jackson, Mississippi
indiegreeneyes SILVER, Jackson, Mississippi
5 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than write for the public and have no self."
-- Cyril Connolly


Best-selling authors Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl bring to absolute life the small, sleepy Southern town of Gatlin, South Carolina. On the surface, all looks calm and even terribly boring, and Ethan Wate can hardly stand waiting until the day he only sees his little backward hometown in the rearview mirror. Being known in Gatlin only as the kid whose mom died last year and being ignored by the recluse his father has become since the tragic accident provides enough push for him to run screaming, until Lena Duchannes arrives on scene to leave him speechless. Lena Duchannes, the town shut-in’s niece and the terrifying beauty in his recent nightmares, turns all of Gatlin upside down. As Ethan slowly learns the secrets of his Southern home and the magical mysteries that leave him with more questions than answers, he falls deeper in love with Lena Duchannes – and fights harder than humanly possible to save her. For anyone searching for a book to devour their senses and twist them in a web of mystery as tight as the plot itself, Beautiful Creatures will leave all breathless.