Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I guarantee that once you read this inspiring, life-changing book, your life will change ­forever.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is a philosophical tale with all the qualities of a well-written novel. As you get into the story, you will realize that author Robert M. Pirsig knows what he's doing. He clearly identifies the characteristics and personalities of each character. He is a master.

This book delves deeply into philosophy as the narrator describes a father and son taking a cross-country journey on a motorcycle. The narrator slowly reveals the true intentions of the characters and the truth about life.

I became addicted to Zen and the Art of a Motorcycle Maintenance. It is one of the most profound books I have ever read. It raises question that will make you continue reading until the very end.

Susan said...
Read this book in a senior seminar too many years ago to mention and was deeply moved by it.  Glad to hear that it still has relevance today.  Thanks for sharing.

khill2012 said...
Who would think that a high school student and a 40-year-old woman would both find tremendous value in the same book? Nice write up!

jj77 said...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:01 am
One of the deepest books I've ever read.  I should read it again.

jj77 replied...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:02 am
By the way, great job on making the magazine.

jj77 replied...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:04 am
You should set a new goal: enter a contest and go for it.  Your writing is strong enough to compete