Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

October 10, 2012
By Lee_99 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Lee_99 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins is the best book I have ever read. She wrote the book to be so suspenseful you can not put it down.

One of the main characters is Katniss. She is in the 74th annual Hunger Games. Her dad died in a mine accident. Her mom and sister help people that are sick or get hurt.

Katniss has to go for the Quarter Quell, which is just like another round of Hunger Games, but it has more people.

Katniss meets new people in the woods before she even knew she would have o be in the Quarter Quells, the two people she meets came from District 8. Only a few days before Katniss has to go back for the Quarter Quell Gale goes hunting and killed a turkey, so he went to the peacekeepers house because he usually pays good for turkeys, but a different peacekeeper was there. So, Gale was getting whipped with a whip and Katniss, Haymitch, and Peeta had to save his life. Peeta thought that since Katniss and either Peeta or Haymitch would have to go to the Quarter Quell Haymitch had to stop drinking alcohol. So, Peeta dumped all of Haymitch's alcohol down the drain. Cinna gets killed before Katniss goes up the tube to go to the arena. Some peacekeepers come in the room while she is in the plastic tube and beat him to death in front of her. While in the arena Peeta walks in to a force-field and almost dies but, Finnick saves his life.

I will recommend this book to anybody that likes the book the Hunger Games. It was the most interesting and thrilling book I have ever read.