The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton | Teen Ink

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

September 28, 2012
By morganjo1999 BRONZE, Brownsburg, Indiana
morganjo1999 BRONZE, Brownsburg, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
When I think about quitting, I think about why I started.


The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton, is a magical book that touches the deepest depth of any person's heart. This heartfelt novel relates to all readers. Every chapter speaks to me and I'm positive that it will also speak to all future readers. You should absolutely read this book.
Pony: the dreamer with green eyes, brown hair, and innocence. Pony is the guy who, with all of his flaws, will always be innocent or “gold”. You can always relate to him but you might not always agree with his reasoning. Johnny: the gallant one with big brown puppy dog eyes, brown hair, and a ton of bravery. Johnny is the gang's “pet”, the one that is open-minded and has a huge heart. You will relate to him throughout this whole book. To find out more of Johnny's gallant moments you will just have to read the book. Dally: the hoodlum with ice cold blue eyes, and a hidden real side. Dally is as tough as a bull. He is the guy that you need to keep a clean slate with. Along with his toughness, though, comes a very real, side of Dallas Winston.
Throughout The Outsiders many “rollercoaster” events occur. When Johnny hits his boiling point, he finally bursts and kills Bob, the Soc. He knew that if he didn't, Bob would kill Pony. What Johnny didn't know was that it would haunt him forever. After running from the law, Pony and Johnny find themselves in a small, old, worn-down church in Windrixville. When a lit cigarette catches the whole church on fire, Pony and Johnny must risk their lives for some kids that they don't even know. They become the heroes of the town by saving those innocent children. To find out what happens after that, you will just have to read heart touching novel.
I recommend this book to all readers that like a ton of action with a twist of suspense. Just remember though… this is one book that will take your breath away.