Stay With Me by Garret Freymann-Weyr | Teen Ink

Stay With Me by Garret Freymann-Weyr

September 26, 2012
By Anonymous

Garret Freymann-Weyr’s Stay With Me, starts off with the back round of the main character Leila and how she has lost her sister, Rebecca. It’s told from her eyes and how this death has affected her and everyone else around her. As her parents go on a trip because of their job, Leila is stuck living with her stuck-up sister who nobody in the family liked or enjoyed being around. She has to live with her the whole time and deal with the fact that her sister Rebecca isn’t there with her the whole time. Leila learns to adjust to the fact that her sister is gone and all she has is Ms. Know it all. Personally I did not enjoy this book at all. It was all over the place and I seemed to be confused over the plot. It reminds me of a book I could read in 5th grade. It didn’t have me visualizing the scenes or feel what she feels (even if my sister didn’t die). I never felt truly connected to the character and the book did not touch me one bit. I do not suggest this book to anyone who is above the average reading level of an elementary kid. If you want a book that you feel connected to and will absolutely love, I do not suggest you pick up this book.