Burned by Ellen Hopkins

Burned by Ellen Hopkins is a very chilling and fast paced novel. Like most novels by Hopkins, It’s written in free verse poetry. I was a little skeptic with the writing style at first. The last time I read a novel written in verse I felt it was unorganized and hard to keep up with. But Hopkins did an amazing job with the pacing and structure. Because of the content in this book I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone under the age of 15.

The base of this story revolves around strict religion and the hard questions in life. I think Hopkins did a fantastic job writing such a deep and emotional piece without making it cheesy or unrealistic. The book is quite a tear jerker and I would highly recommend checking it out.

QGdorkasaurus said...
i really think the author of this reveiw made it very well writin and no i wanna read the book! :))

Padfoot507 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked this review; it was clear and precise, and gave me a little look into the book. It made me want to learn more about the story! Nice job :)