Night by Elie Wiesel | Teen Ink

Night by Elie Wiesel

By Rayna BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Rayna BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

Sarah is a stud muffin.

"Night by Elie Wiesel" takes you on a journey of a 15 year old boy named Elie. Split from his mother and sisters, and left to care for his father, let alone, himself. While being taken from "home" to "home" during the Holocaust. This young man is forced in the struggle of taking day by day, trying to make it out alive by the end, along side his father.

"Night" is a fulfilling, breathtaking book, that leaves you wondering what's going to happen next. You'll be drawn to not put this book down the minute you start reading. Yet, wanting to, to get away from the terrifying life of Elie at these enduring camps. Taken away by every single thing this young man will go through. You might just even shed a couple tears.

Over time, Elie gets broken down so much which explains multiple times, as if feelings his soul was already dead, as if he was just a walking body, a soul separated from his body. As he gets weaker, somehow I feel as if he's getting stronger because he explains not feeling pain anymore. The detail in this book amazes me, the whole story amazes me. As if, I learned more about life, struggling, the Holocaust, more than I could anywhere else, just in this book.

Throughout reading this, you can feel all the emotions spilling out in every word as if you were right there with Elie. I get chills as reading this book. Though, as reading this book, the whole time I felt as if there was suppose to be more coming, and there never was. The Holocaust will never be O.K. in my eyes, and it makes me feel empty thinking of the many innocent children, mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, and so many more that were taken, only knowing that they most likely wouldn't make it out in the end. I felt, as if there was still going to be more to this journey. Seeing him break down every day not only physically but mentally, but, still staying strong for his weakened, father, that is soon on his death bed. Seeing how Elie has gone through his life shows you that yours might not even be bad at all. This book has made me get a very different perspective on things.

This young man, had risked his life countless times to care for his broken down father, he took multiple blows to the head, and the way Elie wrote his book to make every word count will always be the best part. You feel, as if he would've gone to the end of the World, to care for his father, only in the end to be told his father is holding him back. He let his father die. I don't think anybody would be able to sustain what Elie has. The book was very well written, and you feel the whole time, you're right along side him.

Though, I did struggle some reading this book, to where I had to read the same page a couple times, I don't regret it. Because, the journey of the wonderful young man, will change your life. It changed mine, and I recommend for you to read it!

I wrote this for an Enlgish assignment.

alwayssunshine PLATINUM, Charlotte, North Carolina
I haven't read this book yet, but I have heard him give a speech, and it was incredibly powerful. Nice review.

MarieAntoinette2014 DIAMOND, Scottsburg, Indiana

Isn't it ironic? We ignore the ones who adore us, adore the ones who ignore us, love the ones who hurt us, and hurt the ones that love us.

I absolutely agree, I"ve read this book every YEAR FOR FOUR YEARS!!!!!