Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer

This is a review of “Into the Wild” by Jon Krakauer.
After reading this book I felt as if the book had a bigger meaning to it. The main character Chris had both inner and outer struggles in this novel. My opinion of him was that he was rebelling against the society he left because he felt like there was much more to life than wealth and a career. He was very judgmental and critical of other peoples actions. I believe that he was arrogant in that he was so hasty to change his life and put himself in danger. He had not been prepared for his journey into the wilderness and because of this he died. There could have been other ways to deal with the longing he had for self-renewal.

The author did, however put a good base and storyline to the plot and kept it interesting for me to read. The main character met many characters throughout his journey that kept the book from dragging on and made me want to keep reading. Overall I liked this book and I think Jon Krakauer wrote it very well. Definitely one of the best Biographies I have read and certainly one of the most interesting.

AwesomeFernie said...
Nice review. I also read this book and I really liekd how you noticed some details about his personality that I did'nt pay attention to

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a good start to a review. To make it better, I would make the review and summary sections seperate. So tell about the book, characters, setting, etc., and then tell what you think. The first paragraph is kind of a combination of the two. Also, I would never open with "This is a review." I'm in the review section of the website. That's what I'm expecting. :) great start!

thachosun1 said...
Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:13 am
Wow, great review on the book! I love the deatails you put into it!

Dav1d said...
Great review it was informative and helpful!

grahamGgundy said...
Looks like a good book, pretty good revew

Sebass said...
This book seems pretty interesting, and i might read it. Good reveiw

Jsk8er said...
Seems like a good book.  Good review