Night by Elie Wiesel | Teen Ink

Night by Elie Wiesel

July 27, 2012
By vineet vinodan BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
vineet vinodan BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Night: By Elie Wiesel

Elie Wiesel dealt with a lot of horror and torment in the concentration camps he was forced to go to and that’s what his book Night is all about. Elie Wiesel’s book Night taught me many things about the concentration camps in Germany which is why I enjoyed reading this book. Elie’s story starts out in Sighet, Transylvania where Elie lives throughout his childhood. But once the German troops take Elie and his family, he and his father go through many of the concentrations camps where they were forced to deal with the torment of the Nazis.

Elie Wiesel does a great job of describing the setting and being very detailed on what he saw when he was in the concentration camps. His descriptions truly helped me understand what it was like in the camps. What really hooked me onto this book was how the plot of the story was very astonishing and horrifying because of the multiple internal and external conflicts it contained. Elie’s tone throughout the book was also amazing because it helped me understand what the holocaust was like. Many parts of the story the narrator described were very shocking to read but at the same time it made want to read on. For example, when Elizer sees his own father beaten to death and burn in the crematory was alarming for me because I could never see a child go through that, but Elizer was forced to. Reading about these kinds of horrifying actions throughout the book showed me the types of things you would see during the holocaust.

Overall I really enjoyed reading this book because of how Elie did a great job of narrating this book and describing settings and experiences of the concentrations camps with so much detail. This book is an excellent example of an autobiography novel. I would recommend this book to any reader who enjoys reading books about the holocaust because it can really teach them about the types of experiences the Jews went through in the concentration camps. It will surely appeal to the mind of any reader who picks it up.