Horse Whisperer | Teen Ink

Horse Whisperer

August 6, 2008
By Anonymous

The Horse Whisperer is an intriguing novel you won't be able to put down. Nicholas Evans descriptively and dramatically tells the story of a girl and her horse who get in a severe accident, and their painful recovery process.

The book opens on a perfect snowy day in New York. But it soon turns into a tragic, life-altering morning when Grace and her horse Pilgrim get in a terrible accident. Determined they will both be healed, her mother Annie hauls both traumatized beings across the country to a horse whisperer named Tom Booker. They have heard stories of him healing horses that seemed incurable and calming crazed horses at the touch of his hand. Will he be able to help this shattered horse, who lost everything he knew, loved, and trusted, and help her rider learn to ride him again, while desperately falling in love with her mother? Together, all four painfully learn trust, hope, and the healing power of love.
If you enjoy books with a twisting plot and surprise ending, this one will defiantly capture you. All horse lovers will be laughing and crying along, or even people who just want to read a heart warming story will enjoy this gripping, magical tale.