The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls | Teen Ink

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

By jcayanan BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
jcayanan BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

Life is hard, but in today’s life most people don’t even know the true meaning of the hard life, after breaking or losing their modern gadgets. The world is probably close to being over. I’m not saying that my life was also tough. I’m also not saying that my life was perfect, but I can thankfully say that my family never struggled financially in my entire life. Although, I was raised by people who’ve been through the hard life, and being wasteful during breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even snack time was never an option.
The Glass Castle is named after Rex Walls’ dream to build his very own glass castle for his family with his impressive architectural skills. The dream was planned. Even blue prints were good and ready to go, but through the years as life went on with no progress. The plan of building the dream house was slowly dying. It was getting too late for the Walls children when Rex used up most of his family’s hard earned money on his addictions. Even his most favored daughter, Jeannette lost hope on all their hopes and dreams.
The Glass Castle is well written, and every time you would turn the page you would love to read even more than you already had. While reading this book I could barely put the book down because the book was so interesting. This book is nothing like anything I’ve ever read before. “Everyone who is interesting has a past.”—John Taylor
The Glass Castle was written from Jeannette Walls’ point of view. It feels as if you were actually with her in every single moment living the tough life with Rex Walls, and every single detail would make a mark in your head. No wonder her life was so interesting, because you could just never sit back and relax.
The book is so amazing that it was voted #1 BookSense Reading Group Pick not only one but three years on the New York Times bestseller list. I mean how could it not? It’s an original. Dramatic shows would seem similar to The Glass Castle, but they probably got the idea from the book.
The Glass Castle was written from Jeannette Wall’s point of view. It feels as if you were actually living through her life, and every single detail would make a mark in your head. No wonder her life was so interesting, because so is the book.
Walls’ writing makes you think that it’s not always about true love, and happy endings like in the usual fairytales. Sometimes you would also have to add a little spice in your life to make it a little bit fun. Besides salt is nothing without pepper.

lexiiaa9 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
this was a great review. i think i going to read this one day, so you best let me borrow the book!(:

Eeva45 said...
on Aug. 24 2012 at 12:06 am
Eeva45, Reno, Nevada
The review was great. You should definetly let me borrow the book. At the begining it was more of a summary but the review part was good.

MariaD BRONZE said...
on Aug. 23 2012 at 8:23 am
MariaD BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Great review! Sounds like an interesting book to read :)

on Aug. 7 2012 at 1:42 am
Michael Stafford BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
This was a well written and incredibly informative review I'm very intrigued to read this book.

nathanielkelly BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
nice review, I'll be sure to check it out

AaronSan BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
cool review

WontonSoup BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

"The best things are always free"

Awesome review ! Good work ^^

on Jul. 28 2012 at 11:51 am
Kiaashley BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
I read the same book. Nice review

Master327 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.
-Elbert Hubbard

The book sounds interesting to read!