Rachel's Tears by Beth Nimmo and Darrell Scott | Teen Ink

Rachel's Tears by Beth Nimmo and Darrell Scott

June 7, 2012
By HERyy BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
HERyy BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I love Taylor Lautner!


Rachel’s Tears





Nelson,2000,181pp,$12.99

Beth Nimmo and Darrell Scott
Book Review

People screaming, police coming, losing Rachel. Would you want to be in that situation?
In this book, it tells the spiritual way through The Columbine Shooting. Rachel was a girl who was very nice and cared about everyone. In the book there is a chapter called, ‘The Book We Never Wanted to Write’. This kept me wanting to read the whole book! One day two kids shot 12 kids and injured 24 people. One of the 12 was Rachel. When her parents find out that she was murdered they were so mad and so upset! In each chapter you get to see how Rachel’s family deals with the loss of their daughter. And you see the emotional side of how they deal with no daughter.
Everybody loved Rachel and was sad to know that she had died. After about a month her parents found a lot of diaries that Rachel had written in! She expressed all her emotions and how she loved god. People thought that Rachel was a saint. Because she was so nice and caring! I really like how the authors show Rachel’s diaries. It makes you realize what kind of loving person Rachel was!

In this book I couldn’t believe all the stories of how Rachel did nice things for people. And really how much family loves her. I wish that I got to meet her. She is a really nice character and everybody loves her! I would recommend this book to my friends but only the ones who like true stories or biographies! I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars! It is a very nice story and a very heart warming story!