Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs | Teen Ink

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

June 5, 2012
By Lindsey912 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
Lindsey912 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What would you choose? Live forever but repeat the same day every day or live a normal life but the risk of dying from monsters? Jacob has a crazy grandfather that told him peculiar stories and showed pictures of bizarre children before he died unexpectedly in the woods. Jacob is dying to know if these unusual stories are true or if his grandfather is just messing with him.


When Jacob’s birthday soon arrives, he receives a book from his Aunt that Jacob’s grandfather, Abe bought for him right before his mysterious passing. A note falls out saying “Emerson” “To Jacob Magellan Portman, and the worlds he has yet to discover” He starts obsessing the name Emerson and goes to an island to figure out Abe’s past. Will Jacob really find these peculiar children, or was Abe just a liar?


This book is full of unexpected twist and turns throughout the nonfiction book. Riggs' novel spent 45 weeks on the New York Times "Best Sellers" list for children's chapter books. This book is for girls and boys ages 13+. Ransom Riggs writes novels, screenplays, blogs and directs movies. This book is recommended for people that really enjoy baffling chapters.