When Life Stinks by Michel Piquemal | Teen Ink

When Life Stinks by Michel Piquemal

May 10, 2012
By Jurden BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
Jurden BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Book Review Outline
Book title and author: When Life Stinks by Michel Piquemal
Title of review: Great Book!
Number of stars (1 to 5): 4 ½
The book When Life Stinks by Michel Piquemal is about how to deal with your bad moods, blues, and depressions. It tells you all about growing up and how to deal with it. Also, it shows you that you’re not the only one going through these types of things in life. It’s an inspiring book that would help anyone get through teenage years. The book gives amazing advice and tips about responsibility, maturing, and how to handle life when it really gets you down.

If you are going through a lot of hard times with your family or friends and can’t talk to them about it, the book tells you to find an adult or another friend to talk about it with. It talks about personal difficulties, school issues, how to make friends, how to show your parents you’re maturing, that it’s normal to fight with people, and how it’s normal to feel alone sometimes. These are all examples of what the book includes and it tells you how to overcome all these insignificant complications in life.

In life, you’re never going to know what’s going to come next. This book gives more than enough on how to accomplish and overcome small problems that may seem huge to you now. Even though you might think that it’s just a book that couldn’t really help, it does and it will. This is one of the most interesting books I’ve read. When you really feel down on something, this book will help you get back up.

My favorite parts of the book would be the ones that are encouraging and tell me not to give up on anything. It tells me that life goes on, even if it seems like it’s over for good. Once I finished this book, I felt like I had so much more confidence and I knew I wasn’t going through all these things alone. All of this is a part of growing up in the process of life. The book really speaks to you and tells you that no matter what you do, the past is the past and you can really go somewhere with your life. When Life Stinks honestly gave its purpose to the reader.

In conclusion, I would recommend this book to teenagers that are very down on themselves, or are having a hard time adapting to something new in their life. Honestly, anyone that feels like their life stinks should read this book. It helps you get motivated on things to do with your life and advantages you to get a head start. This book is truly inspiring and benefits you to understand life a little better. I enjoyed this book very much!