Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

By kevinleonardo BRONZE, San Gabriel, California
kevinleonardo BRONZE, San Gabriel, California

Adventurous. Friendship. Love. These are the traits that describe "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" by J.K Rowling. The story is about Harry Potter's second year at Hogwarts. Things have been very weird, and unusual things are happening, as Dobby the house elf have said to him before he left his Aunt's house. After his friends and his own best friend have been petrified, with people blaming him, and after his best friend's sister got captured and got stuck in the Chamber itself. Overall, I think that this book is very adventurous and its always on topic.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is very adventurous. Harry and his friends constantly move around different parts of Hogwarts and they encounter many unusual things. "They walked for what seemed like at least half an hour, their robes snagging on low-slung branches and brambles. (275) This was when they were walking inside the Forbidden Forest to look for clues and spiders. It shows that Harry is constantly on the move; at school or anywhere else, whenever something needs to be done.

This book is very detailed. There are many sensory details, similes, etc. "Under a large, cracked, and spotted mirror were a row of chipped sinks. The floor was damp and reflected the dull light given off by the stubs of a few candles, burning low in their holders; the wooden doors to the stalls were flaking and scratched and one of them was dangling off its hinges." (155) As you can see, J.K. Rowling thoroughly showed us how the setting looks to Harry and Ron. There are many other parts in this book that prove this.

All in all, with the reasons above, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a really good book. With its sensory details and its adventurous plot, who wouldn't like this book?