Baboon by David Jones | Teen Ink

Baboon by David Jones

By Christo BRONZE, Everett, Washington
Christo BRONZE, Everett, Washington

What if you never expected the unexpected? What if you couldn’t read or write? These questions are based on the journeys of Gerry who is making a sacrifice for 8 months of his life to the evil forest of the baboon troops!

Gerry is a boy (about 12) who goes on a thrilling & chilling survival as a… BABOON! While on a journey to South Africa (because his parents are zoologists) the plane crashes & kills a few people but suddenly, Gerry transforms INTO A BABOON! Will Gerry transform back into his normal body? You will have to read and find out for yourselves.

This is a book I would highly recommend for kids/teenagers and possibly adults who enjoy books about sci-fi and chilling with some arson. I have my own favorite part of the book BUT, you will have to read and see!

If I could rate this I would rate it about 3 ½ stars because the story seemed confusing and took a while to really get into the story

The part to me that got confusing was when Gerry transformed into a baboon and then the story would stay on a part where Gerry was wondering around in the forest and for somewhere around 2 chapters it kept talking the same subject and I got kind of bored but then, but like the fourth chapter the story just got interesting!

I think the book was good enough to win at least one award but probably one because the writing in the book was intense and I like that but, it seemed like the author change subjects and got too confusing in some chapters but otherwise, GREAT BOOK!

yoshi21 said...
This book is great and everyone should read it #YOLO