The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins

By , everett, WA
The Hunger Games Review
Lately, people have been telling me I need to read The Hunger Games. So, I Picked it up and read the first page. I wasn’t expecting much at first, maybe a sob story about a girl who had to overcome a life with an abusive Dad. Plus, I’ve read many good books and I doubted anything could top those. But I was very wrong. Immediately I was drawn into the Story of Katniss Everdeen, Hanging on to each word. Suzanne Collins wrote this book beautifully, along with the next two books of the Series: Catching Fire, and Mocking Jay.

Katniss Everdeen lives in Panem, a fallen North America Split into thirteen districts and prospering Capitol. Katniss works hard to keep her family alive after her father’s death. On the day of the reapings, -The day kids will be put into The Hunger Games- Katniss finds herself taking the place of her sister, Prim. To most people in district twelve, this would be like a death sentence. Katniss will have to stay alive, against sicknesses, and people pursing to kill her. “Winning means fame and fortune. If you lose, it means certain death. The Hunger games have begun…”

This book had the perfect amount of suspense and bloodlust. I would rate The Hunger Games 5/5 stars. This is a truly great read and I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes survival stories, and don’t mind a little gore.