The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I recently read the entire Hunger Games trilogy, and it is a bit of an understatement to say that I was amazed by the writing. Suzanne Collins has managed to create something that has never been done before (no small feat in today's world). Her story follows the breathtaking adventures of a young Katniss Everdeen, who has chosen to participate in the annual Hunger Games. This arena that she will be forced to survive in for weeks on end presents challenges that she never would've even dreamed of. Not only that, but Katniss is soon paired with a friend of the past, Peeta Mellark, who may be more to her than just the 'boy with the bread'. Throughout the entire trilogy, Peeta and Katniss face life and death in ways nobody would've thought possible, all in an attempt to bring down their one true enemy: The Capitol. Tick tock, life is a clock; we've all been called to die. Tick, tock, this has to stop; the Mockingjay must fly... Don't know what it means? Find out! I promise that you won't be sorry you did.