The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky | Teen Ink

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

December 16, 2011
By HelenKathryn BRONZE, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
HelenKathryn BRONZE, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky is one of those books that you could read all in one sitting. It’s one of those books where you stare at the last sentence and re-read it twelve times just to make sure it’s really there. It’s one of those books that you look to whenever you’re feeling down.
Yeah, it’s one of those kinds of books. It’s about a freshman in high school named Charlie who is writing letters to an anonymous person. These letters are what make up the book. They document his life, his year in school, and everything that happens to him, from falling in love to realizing what love really is. He develops new friendships and learns how to ‘participate’ in life.
There are little gems, small things that Charlie sees in the world around him that the rest of us never really noticed. There are some amazing quotes, like, “I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.”
It’s definitely a book that you should read, again and again and again, and believe me, you’ll want to.