The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

November 4, 2011
By SammiW520 BRONZE, Chapel HIll, North Carolina
SammiW520 BRONZE, Chapel HIll, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Hunger Games is an exciting, action packed, and romantic book! When I was reading the Hunger Games I couldn’t put it down and the violence of the book was outstanding! I would recommend this book to everyone I know if they didn’t read it yet. The Hunger Games was written by Suzanne Collins. The Hunger Games has a lot of action, violence, and romance in it so I think it’s a great mix. What I would rate The Hunger Games is a big fat 10 because it’s great and it makes me feel like I’m in the book too. I don’t get why the author would write about a story about kids 12-18 fighting to the death in an arena.
This book is about a girl named Katniss Everdeen, she is from district 12, and her little sister, Prim Everdeen, got picked for The Hunger Games but Katniss took her place. Each district, 1-12, has to have 2 people picked for The Hunger Games. Hunger Games is a Game (not a fun one) that involves skills. There use to be a district 13 but they got obliterated because they attacked the Capital. For that the Capital punished that district and created a punishment for all the other districts for helping so they made… The Hunger Games. I was surprised at the end of the book but I’m not going to spoil it for you guys. So the second person for district 12 is … Peeta Mellark. Katniss and Peeta don’t know each other but in the Games they become star-crossed lovers. “Peeta blushes beat red and stammers out because… because… she came here with me.” This was what Peeta said about Katniss before she knew Peeta has a cruch on her. When I was writing this I was thinking “I have a lot to write because this book has a lot of great parts and action.” I don’t understand why the Capital would be so mean to district 13 and the others. This book I can not compare to other books I ever read. All the scenes, chapters, and pages were all different from everything else.
I believe that this book will have a lot of readers reading it. This might be the best book I ever read! That’s the truth! I would recommended this to ages 10 or up and people who loves action and romance together. Oh! My! God! I am SO OBSESSED ABOUT THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!