Fire Book Review by Kristen Cashore | Teen Ink

Fire Book Review by Kristen Cashore

November 4, 2011
By Elise D BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Elise D BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Fire
by Kristen Cashore, Dial Books, 2009 480 ppt., $9.99
ISBN 978-0142415917


Can you imagine a world, full of creatures called monsters, exceedingly beautiful, that take the form of animals and even humans? the book Fire is just that. When a human monster named Fire, with blazing red hair, and a wild but alluring beauty was accidentally shot in a forest near her home in a place called the Dells, all things changed. Then Prince Birigan, the enemy of her father asks Fire, with the power to control and read minds to go the Kings City to help the royal family win the upcoming war.

I greatly enjoyed the book Fire by Kristen Cashore. I cold not stop reading it once I picked it up. Kirsten Cashore wrote this book so well that I can imagine exactly what happens. I love how suspenseful and unpredictable the book is. I liked how the book draws you in to the story. Some parts leave me speechless. One thing that I did not like about the book was some parts in the ending.

I overall loved this book and recommend it to boys and girls in middle school and high school as well as anyone that loves to read fantasy books. With a story so good, what do you think will happen to Fire?