Little Brother by Cory Doctorow | Teen Ink

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

November 3, 2011
By Max B BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Max B BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Fighting for your country while fighting against the government of your country, who will win? Marcus Yallow is doing just that. Marcus is a programmer and a hacker who is out in the city skipping school when the bomb drops on the Bay Bridge. Marcus is taken in as a suspect terrorist by the US government and held illegally by the DHS. When he is finally released he begins his own campaign against the sudden restrictions that were placed after the bombing. He uses Xbox to create an underground communication system and begins to revolt.


Little Brother is a very interesting and intriguing realalistic fiction book that has lots of cool things about programming and hacking computers. I enjoyed reading about this slightly futuristic world in which the technology is slightly more advanced. As Marcus sneaks out of school he goes on explaining the gate recognition devices and how to fool them. This is an excellent for people of all ages. This book brings back fond memories of programming my calculator with my dad. Little Brother is just the right length long enough to satisfy your needs and not to long so that you’re waiting for it to end. I recommend Little Brother to all readers out there with my highest regards.