the hunger games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

the hunger games by Suzanne Collins

By zach hall BRONZE, Bedford, Kentucky
zach hall BRONZE, Bedford, Kentucky

The Hunger Games

The United States is gone, now its just Panem, there are no more 50 states, just 12 district’s and the government is now The Capitol, a dictatorship. And each year the capitol picks 24 teenagers 2 from each district and sends them to The Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games are a blood craving live television show that takes place in the middle of the jungle where the 24 teenagers have to kill to survive if they haven’t already died of dieses, hunger or the mutated monsters made by the capitol, that lurk the jungle in search of their next meal.

The capitol controls everyone, they tell them what job they have what they can do and even there bedtime, they throw the hunger games each year to scare everyone just to show them that they are in charge and there’s nothing they can do about it, they are so cruel that they blew up the 13th capitol because they were protesting against their cruel ways. But katniss is not the type of person to give up so easily she defies the capitol in every way possible.
katniss everdeen has had a bad life ever since her father died she has had to fend for her sister and mother by breaking the law and going under the electric fences which surround the districts into the woods and hunt for their food with the bow and arrow her father made her, and sell it in the black market. But now her life completely gets flipped around when her 12 year old sister gets drawn to play in the hunger games but instead of making her go katniss (age 16) offers to take her sisters place in the games, she has to leave her family and her best friend gale behind but she finds someone special during the games… she finds peeta her love but she knows only 1 of them is aloud to survive the games so what will she do? Will she die with him or win without him?????? You’ll just have to read it yourself.
You will want to read this book because it is action packed and it will keep you up all night turning the pages.

i was inspired to write this review because i loved the hunger games and all its series,i hope people will also be interested in reading this book after they read my review.