Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard | Teen Ink

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

October 12, 2011
By Diane Ling SILVER, New York, New York
Diane Ling SILVER, New York, New York
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sara Shepard's young adult series, Pretty Little Liars embodies ongoing mysteries that will have you thinking throughout. Once you start reading these books, there is no stopping. It has an impeccable force that draws you in and there is absolutely no way out!
This book series is an instant teen favorite. Unlike most mysteries that are solved towards the end, Pretty Little Liars is a series of never-ending problems.
The main characters, Emily, Spencer, Hanna, and Aria. Emily is an excellent swimmer whose parents expect a perfect daughter. Spencer is an A plus student who feels like she is neglected by her parents. Hanna, whose nickname used to be Hefty Hanna, is now the high school's 'it' girl. These girls live in fear, not knowing what's going to happen next.
The girls' former best friend, Alison DiLaurentis has been missing for years now. They slowly parted without Alison to keep them close. But when Alison was murdered, they were brought back together once again by anonymous who threatens to expose their darkest secrets using text messages signed by a single letter, A.
I was hooked the minute I saw the cover. The cover consists of different Barbie dolls each time. This is suspicious because it is intriguing and it separates itself from other books. At the end of each book, it leads you to yet another unsolved mystery, leaving you wanting more.
Sara Shepard likes to make you believe you know the answer to who murdered Alison, but instead she twists the plot in a whole different direction. When writing mysteries like Pretty Little Liars, she often likes to reveal a little in each book, so the mystery will build up.
Pretty Little Liars has won many awards, some are People's Choice Award and Teen Choice Award. It has now become a very popular television show, along with Sara Shepard's new series of novels, The Lying Game.
There is only one way to solve these mysteries- by reading these books!